Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Work Day

Today, I worked. And worked and worked. It was all coverage measurement
all day.

I'm starting to walk like people here. Why cross at a corner when you can
jaywalk? Although I couldn't figure out why I kept running in to people.
Then I realized I was on the wrong side of the sidewalk. If a country
drives on the left, it stands to reason that it walks on the left too.

While I was walking back from lunch by myself, I probably committed several
"stupid tourist" errors. A couple of policemen ran across the street. Did
I run??? Noooo, I turned around to stare! Then do I keep to myself?
Nooooo, I ask some random guy, "Hey, what's going on?". Turns out a big
wig (he thought prez) was in a motorcade and whizzing by. Made me feel
like home when Suitland Parkway closes at rush hour for a mucky-muck.

Moral of the story -- Africa and the US have some stuff in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment