Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A quiet day

No fish eyes today!

Today I worked -- met with people at work, wrote some documents.

I did get to go out to lunch today. Maybe their equivalent of the
Arby's...close but not too close, relatively quick food. Today I went with
my counterparts here. The place was inside a bunch of stalls of shops. We
had fried chicken, kale, and chapouti. The fried chicken wasn't like KFC.
More like dropping a quarter dark in a deep fryer for a while then putting
salt on it. The kale actually isn't kale but more like collards without
the ham hocks. Chapouti is a large piece of flat bread but not like at
Ethiopian restaurants. More like if you stuck a pita through rollers. The
food was good but not as yummy as the first place. The restaurant was more
run down and had flies.

Tomorrow I am planning some shopping. One of the guys has agreed to take
me to a local area and help me haggle. Then it is back to the airport to
go home.

Happy birthday Tom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment