Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thank you for making us safe

It is 515 am and I am awake here in Nairobi even though work isn't until 9
am.

It is Memorial Day at home. Nothing ever makes me more thankful for what
we have in the US than going elsewhere. Kenya is a beautiful place. But
nothing is like home. We take things for granted -- like our safety, our
freedom, and the material things we have.

So Dad and Steve...thanks for what you've done for us. I appreciate it.

And for Mom and Connie who let them go and took care of life at home -- you
ladies have got some serious stuff inside. Thanks to you too -- you might
not get the parades but you deserve them too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tammy, it really is nice to have a friend who appreciates what I put my wife through. Of course, thanks to you also. Being a Brat isn't easy and you helped your Dad get through a long career by being a decent kid. (Note I didn't say a 'good' kid)

    ReplyDelete